Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Received notice that my account was being deleted by my

Customer Question
Received notice that my...

Received notice that my account was being deleted by my request. I did not make this request. Today I received notice my***@******.*** password ***** been changed. I did not do that. I have since managed to get my password ***** back to me but I want to know why I received these notices. Is my account safe?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft Outlook email

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Microsoft? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I use browser, phone, tablet whatever happens to be handy

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Contacting you to see if my account has been deleted and how to protect it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I just changed password ***** ago for myself

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/2/2018
Email technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 3 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I'm sorry about the issue, please go to www.outlook.com and let me know if you can login to your account.

Thank you

If you would like remote support click the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I am not paying for this
  • In Outlook.com, select your name or profile picture at the top of the page, and then select View account.
  • Under the "Hello!"banner, select Change password.
  • As a security measure, you might be prompted to verify your identity with a security code. Decide if you want to receive the security code by email or phone. You'll be asked to verify your email address or the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send code. When you receive the code, enter it and select Submit.

• Enter your current password, enter your new password, and then select Save.

I dont even know who you are I was talking to Microsoft suddenly had Just Answer on line. I am disconnecting

Once you change your password ***** enable two-factor authentication option. this is an additional layer of security and makes it harder for "hackers" to gain access to your online account, please follow the steps below to enable it :

1. Go to the Security basics page, and sign in with your Microsoft account : https://account.microsoft.com/security
  2. Select more security options.

3. Under Two-step verification, choose Set up two-step verification to turn it on, or choose Turn off two-step verification to turn it off.

Thank you

This is a paid service and the initial charge is a registration fee. If you want to continue, I can help. otherwise please let me know, I will report this question for refund. Please let me know we guarantee our service.

Thank you.