Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just signed up for a new gmail account but spelled a word…

Customer Question
I just signed up...

I just signed up for a new gmail account but spelled a word wrong. How can I correct it? The spelling error or can you correct it for me?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Thru my compute.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I do not know how to go back and correct a typing error. I did not see it until the new address was already created.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/31/2018
Email technician: Kraig, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, I'm Kraig. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Before I begin assisting you, I want to make it clear from the outset that JustAnswer is not associated with Gmail and as such does not represent them in any way. The service JustAnswer provides is at a cost so as to compensate the Experts who work on the site who are independent freelancers in their own rights and professions. With this in mind, do you wish to continue with this help session?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please note that there is no option to edit an email address once it has been created. You can edit other information in your email account like your name, address, etc., but not the actual email address itself. You will have to create a different email address with the correct spelling.

I just need to add 1 letter to my new email address.
I did not get an answer.

Like I said, once an email address has been created, it cannot be edited. You will have to create a new email address and ensure that the character that was missing from the one you previously created is included in the new one.

As I stated earlier, an email address cannot be edited once it has been created. You will have to create another email address with the missing letter included in it.

Is there any way of deliting it?
This was very dificuly to use. My phone must not be set up right. Thank you for your help anyway.

You can close your Gmail account by doing the following:

1. Go to Delete a Google service. You might need to sign in to your Google Account again.
  2. Next to Gmail, select Delete .
  3. Follow the instructions on your screen.

I was happy to be of help.

Since my answer was helpful, please select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click the Submit button so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.