Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It is a general problem with my computer. I'm older and I…

Customer Question
It is a general...

It is a general problem with my computer. I'm older and I don/t know where to turn next. Can I ask you a couple of questions, please.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my lap top computer. I also have one of my emails on my smart phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I got a message saying I needed to download Window 10 on my lap top, because my computer was at risk. I kept trying to download it. It would take days. And then at the end it would say the same thing. Because it had not downloaded. I tried to get in touch with Windows or Google. I can't remember. But I ended up getting in touch with Quantum Solutions. I didn't know it was a different company. I hope the are legit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

They

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/31/2018
Email technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 3 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Thank you. Please be patient with me. I'm in my 60's and I don't understand a lot of this.
So, Quantum Solutions charged me $300 (they wanted $400, but I got them down to $300), to go on and install Windows 10 for me.
There is more
If you connect to my computer, will it be $39 on top of the $42 I just paid?

where did you contact this company for?

yes

I can't afford anymore. I have to know exactly what needs to be done, before I can agree to paying anybody anymore money. So, Quantum installed Windows 10 and cleaned up my computer. Said it would run faster. It ran slower. But they did call to find out if Windows installed. It had, after they took control of the computer and installed it through settings.
But now they are saying I have hacks. Which might have happened because Windows 10 wasn't installed for awhile, while I kept trying to install it, but it wouldn't take. So now they want $200 more for IP Protection.
They said their main company is Viz Tech. I called Viz Tech. after finding it on Google, but Viz Tech says they never heard of Quantum Solutions. I Googled Quantum Solutions, but I couldn't get in touch with the company. I wanted to ask them questions about this and see if it matched up.

sounds like you are being scammed, I would report charges to your bank

What will you do for me for another $39? That HAS to be all of it. Please.
I need to be able to do secure online banking.
Also, I do Amtrak Surveys, with Amtrak Survey Club. I get extra points on my account, which I use for free travel. Does that open the door to malware?

the message you received about needing to download Windows 10 and your computer was at risk is likely a scam trying to get you to call a phone number.

We can clean things up if you would like, otherwise I would report the charges from Quantom Solutions to your bank

Will IP Protection be included in this price? Or will that be another $200 from you, too?

no there is no such thing is IP Protection

How did I get so many hacks? They said I was not protected. How can I trust anybody anymore.
Please tell me what you will do for me and how much more money it will cost. I don't want to keep having to pay and pay and pay for more and more things that I supposedly need. Why do so many take advantage of us Seniors who don't know about computers. It is so sad.

you can look us up here

you are an American company? And you are with the Better Business Bureau?

based in California, thats our review from Better Business Bureau

Do you just answer questions? Or do you give me protection on my computer, so I can use it again, without malware happening?

I can help get protection installed on your computer

I need to know exactly what you are going to do for me, what products I will get, and how much it will all cost me. Thank you.

its the 42 + 39

I don't know what your situation looks like, if you want to proceed let me know.

I can't afford another $42 for you to just look at it and then more money for what else?

ok please email***@******.*** for refund

Ok