Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It will mot show any emails on my ipad but has them on my…

Customer Question
It will mot show...

It will mot show any emails on my ipad but has them on my phone

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Judt go to email & usually comes up. But now it is not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Im not thst computer smart

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/31/2018
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The good thing is that if you can receive your Gmail emails on your phone, then we know your account is ok and it is probably a setting or something like that. One question I would have is have you ever been able to get your Gmail on the iPad ok before and what app do you use, meaning do you use the actual Gmail app or do you use the default apple mail app. Whichever one you use you can always try the opposite app. Using the regular Gmail app from the app store like seen here is usually the best.

However, if you use the gmail website on your computer to get your mail, you can check your settings and make sure that IMAP is enabled which will allow your email on all devices.

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings. (gear wheel icon)
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  5. In the "IMAP Access" section, select Enable IMAP.
  6. Click Save Changes.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

Please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

It also keeps asking for password. I type it in of course says incorrect. I try to change the password. Still will not show me rnsild
Did not find the pop/imap tan on iPad settings

The IMAP settings are only needed to be checked if you use your computer for gmail on the gmail.com website. If the gmail password ***** ***** working, you will need to visit the following website:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

and then enter your google account email or phone number that may be associated with the account. Then continue to answer the on-screen questions. If you do not know a question, there is a “try a different question” link under each question window.