Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Nothing with my email. I am getting phone messages that my…

Customer Question
Nothing with my email...

Nothing with my email. I am getting phone messages that my Microsoft account is about to be discontinued! I have received no such message on my computer and that is where I would expect to receive it. ??????

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connection on my PC is very slow and I keep getting messages that they cannot find the page. Almost all my computer purchases are on automatic renewal.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

None

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no problem with my laptop. I just put my PC on wireless. Out building just went wireless a while back.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/30/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Did you receive that phone messages as "text" or SMS? Or are they email messages that you just happen to receive while using your email on your phone?
  2. Are you still able to access your Microsoft email or Microsoft account now in your computers?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

The message came through on my land line phone. I have not had any trouble with e mail, AOL. I was just browsing through Microsoft the other day to see what was there and had no problem

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. What you just received on your phone was a form of SCAM. It was meant to scare you and if the sender was able to contact you though phone call or email, he will then ask you permission to control your computer. That will be the time he will mess up with your computer so that you will give in to his demands.

Please understand that Microsoft accounts or any online accounts DO NOT NOTIFY users about pending deactivation. Accounts are automatically deactivated (without notification) if it is NOT USED or NOT LOGGED IN for a very long time, like a year or more.

But since you are using it and you can still LOG IN to it, it means that it is ACTIVE and there is NO WAY that other people (even Microsoft) can deactivate it.

Please disregard the message that you received on your phone. If you receive similar messages on your computer in the future, please ignore them and simply mark them as SPAM. If sent to emails, they are most likely sent to SPAM or JUNK automatically though.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess