Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have received an email saying my gmail.com is being

Customer Question
I have received an...

I have received an email saying my gmail.com is being terminated. Don’t know if this is for real or not

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It’s saying in red to please reply to mail directly without altering subject

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just help!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Email technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 3 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, an email expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Gmail will never send you a mail threatening account termination or lockdown. If the Gmail team needs to communicate with you, they will send you to a special web page when you next log in, or show a short "message bar" at the top of the Gmail web page.

So...you were right to be concerned! The message you received is fraudulent; you may ignore and delete it.

Hope that helps!