Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an old email that I do not remember the password to…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old email that I do not remember the password ***** nor do I have access to the email where the reset password ***** ***** sent to. What can I do to get access to this account?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

The old email?

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I do not have a phone number and it is not giving me the option to answer security questions.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a phone number connected to another yahoo account, but not the one I need access to.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
Is this anything that can be fixed?
3/30/2018
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 5 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.

I do not have access to the recovery email and the recovery phone is only pulling up my current yahoo email.

I understand, there is not much op options here. who is the lost email account provider?

It is a Yahoo account

Yahoo free accounts tough, as a last resort you can try using this link to contact Yahoo support, see what they will say: https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

I have tried that and it isn't even giving me an option to answer a security question. It only says it is sending new password ***** the other email that I do not have access to.

Sorry, dont kill the messenger:

Here is the note from Yahoo:

"When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address."

"To protect the security of your account, if you weren't successful with Yahoo Sign-in Helper or with the other options above, you likely won't be able to recover your account. If you remember your sign-in information later, you can come back and try again."

Link to above notes here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

just letting you know what Yahoo;s options are..

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.