Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a contact form on one of my pages. What do I use for…

Customer Question
Hi Andy. I have...

Hi Andy. I have a contact form on one of my pages. What do I use for an email address in the from box?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

We have the outlook 365 from go daddy

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone and outlook app on pc

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am pretty new to this. I took it over from the last guy who set it up. He had it as [your-name] <*****@******.***>. I want the from field on the message reply to come from my general manager. His email address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/30/2018
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer email programming question.

Use that general manager's address in the From: box, if that's what you want. Just find the place in the code where the former programmer put

[your-name] <*****@******.***>

(or equivalent, more or less, in the coding) and substitute the general manager's email address instead.

It's reasonable to insert an 'arbitrary' From: field into a programmed contact form on a web page... you can't say 'From: <[email protected]>', it wouldn't work half as well.

If you need further guidance, or help in any specifics, Reply, tell me about it a bit more, and I will help you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.