Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was recently scammed and changed to a new iPhone number.

Customer Question
I was recently scammed...

I was recently scammed and changed to a new iPhone number. Then I cancelled my Google account and am now trying to set up or reset my outlook account via Microsoft. My old outlook account as reflected was "*****@******.***. I am trying to put in a new account "*****@******.***" But I am having problems entering the new outlook account was its new password. Can you help me fix this mess? It is no doubt self-created

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My Apple ID is the same. But I changed my iPhone telephone number with Verizon today on line. The phone is working fine with the new number.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, because I am trying to set up an outlook email account now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/29/2018
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Do you have access to phone ********64 ? If so please let me know the phone number.

First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're sure you're using the right password ***** still can't sign in, your account might be compromised.

• To reset your password:

• Go to the Reset your password ***** https://account.live.com/password/reset.

• Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

• Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.

• Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

• On the Verify your identity screen, choose to receive your security code as a text or email message. Type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send code.
    • When you get the code as a text, enter it and then select Next.
    • Create and confirm new password, and then select Next. This sets your new password. Select Next again to return to the sign-in screen.
    • Sign in with your new Microsoft account password.