Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can not import my Aflac emails into gmail. Surface pro 3.

Customer Question
I can not import...

I can not import my Aflac emails into gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Surface pro 3

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried adding pop and imap neither seems to work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Aflac email uses office365. I have my own office 365 premium account and also can not import to that one either. I prefer to use gmail for all of my mail because it's consistent and I can use my add-ons like slack, trello and such seamlessly. Plus it can all tie into my Google Calendar.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My Windows Surface 3 Pro uses Windows 10 and yes it is updated with the latest patches and such.
3/29/2018
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 month ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I am pretty tech savvy and can handle it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ready when you are?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The email says you responded and the balance has been charged but I do not yet see the response to the problem? What am I missing here?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you getting my replies or am I talking to myself?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what took you so long to reply

I apologize -- Our site was going through an update and I could not access the page.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, you posted a gen***** *****nk that shows how to link email accounts to gmail...I already know this and done this. My problem is my work email will not link. I've linked other emails in the past just not one from "shitty-Office365" microsoft pukes before.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the email domain is @us.aflac.com
using Office 365

Yes, you can follow the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SHow me what steps exactly talk about office365 linking...I don't see any. It is just standard gen***** *****nking.

Office365 is irrelevant -- You can import them using the steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm guessing the problem lies in entering the correct format of POP/IMAP in and out settings. You can start there by providing those.

Unfortunately, I would not know the settings for your companies email. You will need to contact Aflac IT department

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK then get it to work for my office365 domain email***@******.***
still doesn't connect
after putting in the user and pass for either POP or IMAP

Unfortunately, you will need to contact your company IT department.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is my personal email that I paid microsoft for....how is my company IT dept going to help me set up a personal domain email on a free email account such as GMAIL....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The company email ends with @us.aflac.com
mine ends with @aavf.me both use office365
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you saying you don't know how to do either?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tell you what, forget it...I don't have time to waste on this idle back-and-forth. Just process me a refund and we will call it a day. Not a Credit either but a full refund....clearly this was a mistake to use this service. I don't plan to use it again.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist