Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received a E- Mail stating my account is blocked due to…

Customer Question
I received a E-...

I received a E- Mail stating my account is blocked due to security reasons I want to make sure this is a apple E- Mail before proceeding with any type action

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Apple? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phonre

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am requesting information

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a case # ***** I include it?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/29/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Most times these are fraudulent emails, so first, do not click any links it asks you to do.

Instead, tell me the exact wording of the email please

This message is to inform you that your apple ID***@******.*** has been locked for security reasons
Someone has tried to sign in to your apple account from a different IP address. You need to verify your account.
IP address(###) ###-####70. Ukraine

ok, it does look fraudulent.

Let's see if you can sign into your account at the correct location

Click on my link below

www.icloud.com

Can you sign into your account there?

Please let me know