Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was just wondering about an email I just received from…

Hi, Hi, i was...

Hi, Hi, i was just wondering about an email I just received from iCloud,

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

It says I have to update my account details which includes taking photos of my credit card

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone or ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

No I’m just wondering if that would be a genuine email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t wNt to put in my credit card details if the email is not genuine

3/29/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The email is a fraudulent email used to try to get your credit card details.

It has not been sent from Apple and has nothing to do with them.

Please delete the email and understand that you will never be asked for this information by Apple or any other company.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.Thank you

it says my Apple ID is locked.

It is a fake email, if your ID is locked it is coincidental, but you would know when using your Apple Devices.

Are you able to use your Apple Devices?

But I was able to get into it to start the answers
I do t think it went through so I’ll contact my credit card provider just incase

The email is a fake... I am trying to advise you to delete it and not respond to it.

I am using them both now

Then your account is not blocked, please delete and ignore the email

I just about got through and thought it seemed a bit strange that they wanted selfies of my card
Ok thank you .

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist