Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I buy my internet service from Altice, and I have had for…

Customer Question
I buy my internet...

I buy my internet service from Altice, and I have had for years an email account,***@******.***. But for some reason, Apple will not accept it as a legitimate email account. Why?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Optimum

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser, but also on my IPhone, and IPad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The only thing that works is using a gmail address, But I am mystified why Apple will not accept my usual address.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
I just received another effort by Apple to "verify" my email address. It sent the numbers in anemailbut when I put them in the systems preference file, it was "rejected" as not a legitimate password.
I just got another effort to "verify" my address. It is almost enough to give up on apple.
Another email from apple with more numbers to print to justify my email. It failed. Apple says I put in the wrong numbers which I did not do.
Another effort by apple. It said I put in the wrong code they sent me. I did not
The crazy thing is that Apple keeps sending me stuff to my email address which it refuses to recognize as a legal email address,
Another email from apple with more numbers to enter and once again apple says I copied the wrong numbers. It is driving me crazy.
Another "incorrect verification code" when I put the latest numbers in. God help us.
Yet another failed attempt to "verify" my email address. I am quitting now and getting something to east. If you have success, call me.My home phone is(###) ###-####
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What Apple device are you referring to? iPad, iPhone or Mac laptop? Please advise. Thanks.

I get these messages on my IMac email page. and then I try to enter the numbers on the systems preferences web site.
No. Forget it. I will work it out directly with Apple by myself. I do not want to send any more money on this.

Then good luck. You are always welcome to come back if the issue persists.