Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My emails are not being sent. I noticed today that there are…

Customer Question
My emails are not...

My emails are not being sent. I noticed today that there are 29 unsent messages! Per a little msg beneath the email incoming list

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

My email responses to messages are not being sent.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My email messages are not being sent by my iPad . There is a note stating 29 messages not sent at the bottom of the incoming email list.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

My emails are not being delivered by my iPad. I have 29 msg snot sent.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Email
3/29/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 23 days ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the email provider please? Please better also provide the domain name part of your email address. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Gmail AT&T is the provider...Safari is somehow in the mix also

> Gmail AT&T is the provider

Sorry, this does not make sense as Gmail belongs Google, not AT&T, therefore "Gmail AT&T" doesn't actually make sense.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
AT&T is my provider , i access my emails via my iPhone and iPad . I access email using the email button
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I also use Safari.
Thanks for your clarification. It did make sense.
I guess you can’t see the 29 unsent emails if you acess the same Gmail box via web using Safari. Correct?
If correct, we only need to fix the iPad or iPhone’s SMTP settings.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Correct. Should I be using the Google button instead of safari for getting into the internet
Not necessary.
However, if Gmail is your only email address or at least the primary email address, you may consider using official Gmail app from Google to access your mailbox, as the app is fully optimised for Gmail addrsss and you don’t need to care about those technical details such as SMTP things. Gmail app is available in App Store on iOS.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What is smtp? And how do I handle those 29 messages not sent? What caused them not to be sent?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protoocl, a kind of “language” your iOS device used to speak with your mail server at Gmail. To fix that:1. Give correct password. It sounds silly, but in fact on iOS sometimes it is hard to correctly input a password ***** you know what it is.
2. Set correct server name and port number. If you know how to do that, I will provide technical details, other please consider requesting remote assistance.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok on the remote acces. How long will it take? It's 11:30 here. do you need access on my iPhone or iPad?
I can’t remote access your iOS devices. Not supported.
But I can make a FaceTime video call to your iPhone then see your iPad’s screen via your iPhone’s camera. Make sense?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Can we postpone until tomorrow? I'm afraid it's going to take awhile and I have to get up early in the a.m. Can I call you or email you? Would hate to start from scratch again. R u on duty at what time?
Sure. I can be available during your afternoon or evening time. Just buzz me when you are available. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What is your email address ?
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist