Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was recently hacked or scammed and I need to know if I…

Customer Question
I was recently...

I was recently hacked or scammed and I need to know if I have a valid email***@******.*** I need to change my password?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes and I get mail

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I was told(by the scammer) that my email was being used over seas

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/28/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

If you are still able to login to the account then the e-mail address is still valid. If you try to login and it says the account does not exist, then it has been deleted.

Regarding your password, did the scammer actually get access to your account or was this just someone you were talking to over the phone? If he actually was able to access your account, then I would recommend that you definitely go ahead and change your password. If this was just someone who randomly called you on the phone then it shouldn't be necessary, but you may do it for peace of mind.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.