Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email has been hacked and can not get my yahoo email. How…

Customer Question
My email has been...

My email has been hacked and can not get my yahoo email. How can I get it fixed

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Yahoo from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I went to my Outlook email and I still can not get into it

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I do not know how to look for virus or firewall settings

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/29/2018
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer email question.

Try logging in to your Yahoo Mail account using a web browser, not Outlook... it simplifies things, and can tell you whether you have a problem with the Yahoo Mail account, or with the Outlook program or its settings etc.

Go to https://mail.yahoo.com

and enter username and password ***** Does it log you in? try with your full email (including @yahoo.com ) and your password, again, carefully, if that fails, in case it needs the username in that format.

If that doesn't work, let me know... I will advise you further as to what to do.

Hi I can not get into my email. It is asking me for my email address which I put in and then it ask me for my password, but it is telling me that that is not my password. It is asking me for my phone number but I changed my phone and it is asking for that old number. I need to use my new number so I can get my code #. I need my new phone number so I can get a code #

I'm sorry to hear that... it is possible that your email account has been lost, then. For any hope of recovering it, tell me:

- did you ever have a second email address, and perhaps, just perhaps, registered it with the Yahoo email address as a recovery email address?

OK

- Did you ever have a second email address, and perhaps, just perhaps, may have registered it with the Yahoo email address as a recovery email address?

If not, I cannot help you and this may be an unsolvable problem, I regret to have to say... but if that's the case, I will Opt Out, and open the case to the other Experts in this category, one of whom might perhaps have a different answer.

Email technician: Michael, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding the issue above. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

If you have tried to reset your password ***** yahoo.com and are unable to then you will likely not be able to recover this account. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

In your case it seems your only option is to remember the password ***** you can log into the old account and change the phone number on file. Don't give up, try and make a list of any passwords you have used in the past and everyday try a couple of new passwords.

Thank you

I am just checking to see if you have the email problem you had resolved?

hI cancel my assistance as of now.