Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Aftr a crash and reload of Win 10, I'm trying to move a

Customer Question
Aftr a crash and...

Aftr a crash and reload of Win 10, I'm trying to move a larger profile (8+ GB) frpm an older laptop to another laptop through Google Drive. I've not been able to add this profile to a new installation of Thunderbird. I have difficulty extracting compressed files on Google Drive. Do you have a good instruction set for transporting a large profile file? Much of the original file size is in mail archives on a local folder.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Dell Inspiron 5566

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I downloaded the latest version of Thunderbird but still haven't installed other software. I was able to save most of my work. I presume Win 10 is up to date but haven't checked. I have tried moving the whole profile to Google Drivve and downloading it, but I think I ran into problems with uncompressing the fiile. I also tried uploading and downloading just the mail file with similar results.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have eyesight problems and may misspell words!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/28/2018
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S