Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Sometimes when I try to move a email to a sub file I a

Customer Question
Sometimes when I try...

Sometimes when I try to move a email to a sub file I a message that the email can not be moved to the designated file. While that is a inconvenience the biggest problem is the email then disappears!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my iPhone 7

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have called Apple Tech help 3 times. The last rep. that I worked with gave me this address to get additional help

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
You have my notes on my problem in the file that the Apple tech sent you
3/28/2018
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 24 days ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Are you using the actual microsoft outlook app downloaded from the app store, on the iphone, or are you using the iphones stock email app?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It use to called Hotmail and I have been using it through 3 different iPhones and on other cell phones prior to that

Ok, is this the app you are using to access your email account?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It is just listed as Outlook when I open the app. to check my email

What does the mail icon look like, color and design?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
When I open the mail app Outlook is in blue in upper left hand corner with a less than symbol in the far upper left corner. Outlook in Black is over the list of emails

So, its not the app on this page I asked you to look at and compare.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I do not have any idea what this iTunes app is that you are referring to

That is the official outlook app, used for accessing outlook.com, hotmail.com and msn.com and live.com email addresses. Its free, and it never has issues accessing your mail as long as you have an internet connection and the correct password. try installing it and testing it out, it will solve the issues you are having if you use it to access your mail.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
If I try using this app will it pick up my existing emails and all of my sub files? By the way we currently paying Microsoft $10.00 a month and have been paying them that for at least 10 Years now

It will pick up all of your emails. Its free to try out.. Download it, install it, and then open it and sign into your email account.

let me know if it suits your purposes or not.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’ll give it a try and get back to you in the next couple of days

Understood, if you need further assistance let me know.

Dustin S.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
When I downloaded the app it said one account found and the gave the option to add an account or skip. What should I do?

Add your outlook or hotmail or msn account.

Dustin, Email Specialist