Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been an aol account users since aol started and

Customer Question
I have been an...

I have been an aol account users since aol started and switichedto therr4 free service when t was available. I use Apple computers and the safari brouwer, well for the past year things have went from bad to worse. constantly changing the password, which AOL accepts until I try to log ins I am the one and only primary user; I tried calling them today verified who am and they rep said it ws not the sam user name. No one isles uses my Mac. That email account is my primary account. I can even get to account management. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your AOL account on any other devices?

No. That is the the thing all my devices are Mac and I disconnected all other devices so that would not be a problem.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, and it does not matter to aol. \

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Once this taken care of could you a recommend a better possibly more reliable email service. After 18 y3ears with aol I am through, I just need all my back logged email that is piling up thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/28/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Ok thanks.

It sounds like you have already tried to reset the password ***** your AOL email account. When you attempted the password ***** what happened?

Much of the same thing.it asks for the new password ***** then rejects it or says the request has expired which isn’t true. My most important emails come to this address. I have even called them and said that my name Ursula isn’t the Username but my mother. I know it can’t be. I am the only one in the house who uses this account and much the less know how to switch names.

Ok, so it sounds like there is a discrepancy between the time they send the password ***** email and when you receive it. If you use a web browser to access the email account to which the recovery email is sent, try using a different web browser and refresh the web browser continuously after requesting the password ***** email so that the email is received sooner.

If that does not work, make sure that your computer time and date are both correct as that could cause the same problem.

Please let me know the result.

Not impressed.

Not trying to impress you, just providing logical troubleshooting steps until the issue is resolved.

However, since you disagree with this methodology, I will open your question to other experts.

Best regards,

David.