Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to permanently delete from Facebook. Tried 4 times or…

Customer Question
I want to permanently...

I want to permanently delete from Facebook. Tried 4 times or more online but cant get it to work. I am a grandmother and not at all interested in social media.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

Today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

Just going into Facebook to try and delete permanently. But im afraid it doesnt seem to work online. I feel it is deliberatly confusing for people like me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that Im too old for social media and want to exit permanently

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/27/2018
Email technician: Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner replied 3 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

When you choose to delete your profile it will stay active for YOU ONLY for 14 days in which time it will delete completely from existence.

Would you like me to remote into your computer and make sure that you are doing it correctly?

IF you clicked on deactivate account in the account management page you should have been successful though

I know what you mean about social media, I do not care for it either..... I do not blame you for wanting out.

could you take me through the process

Absolutely... Please can you confirm what device you are using so I can give your the right steps?

Please let me know if you are using a computer or a phone so I can send you the steps