Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

IM in New Zealand, I have forgotten my password for my gmail…

HI, iM dAVID in...

HI, iM dAVID in New Zealand, I have forgotten my password ***** my gmail account and the alternative email I supplied had to be cancelled when I moved from Australia to NZ . how can I set up a new password ***** recover the old one thanks

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, i have a yahoo account but that is not reistred woth Gmail as an alternative rcovery mail. i can use my brothers pad

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a securiy qustion which I answered and was to to enter a code whaich was sent to my yahoo account but it didnt work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not real i just need to get into the mail accou s it ill have important mesags from my bank in australia etc

Waiting....
3/27/2018
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, My name is***** to JustAnswer.com. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

R u there?

Hi Michael , David here

Hi David. Just a minute, please. I'll be right back, if I may.

ok

Hi. I'm back.Ok. I will do my best to help you with that.

What steps have u taken so far to reset ur password, plz?

thks it is rather important

I'll do my best. I promise. what is the email address you are trying to reset?

have answred the security question and was told to send an alternative emal addee for a code. I sen my yahoo mail addess and enteeed the code that was sent by gmail however it didnt work on the gmail account I am trying to open
the adress is***@******.***

I thought u said u did not have access to the alternate account since u moved?

Do you have a phone associated with ur account also?

May I have the alternate account you used to reset along with ur userID and password ***** trouble shoot myself?

do you have any idea what the password ***** used was?

I have access to my alternative, that is the yahoo account , however that account the yahoo email is not registered with gmail
that addee is***@******.***
I dont have a phone at the moment

I see. so that will not help in this case

do u remember any of your old passwords? when do u think u used your email account last?

the only password ***** can remember is an earlier one but that is of no use i was told by gmail
that one is andujan1884

what do u think was your password ***** do u remember any other password ***** used before that worked?

do u have any email account in the following format

d•••@wes••••.•••.••

That was the alternative email I had used for the gmail account. However it was closed when i left Australia last Saturday, it was my IP email

how do u know it was closed. did u close it personally?

please let me have the full address plus the password ***** with it

it was bundled with my internet and landline phone account which I closed as Westnet is not available in NZ
password ***** *****

I see, so yes it was disconnected. let me have the password ***** used anyway. How did contact us email server in order to check your email?

Thank you.

Just a moment please.

did u also answered the security questions like like your first teacher's name?

answer for the teachers name was Scarf

do u have any other email besides the gmail that u can check?

I have the yahoo mail and another gmail

I just wrote this note for you to send to the old ISP. just wait if I could not reset your password, then u can used that as ur email.

My userid is ***@******.***. I closed my account and moved thinking that I could use my very important gmail account temporarily. But I cannot remember my gmail password. The problem is that I used this account as my alternative account which gmail uses to reset its account. I am wondering if there is any way that u could access my account again and allow me access long enough to reset my gmail account, please. My gmail account is a very important account and I appreciate any help that you can provide.

may i have the password ***** your yahoo email account?

RoyalHotel167

Thank you.

I'm still with u. I appreciate your patience.

No prob Michael, appreciate you assistance

it's my pleasure,.

did u have to use the ".au" extension at the end of your email when you were there?

only when using the westnet email and the yahoo mail... not the gmail

I was just notified that they lucked your account because there have been too many failed attempts. We need to wait a few hours to be able to reset. So we need to wait for a little bit. They just want to make sure that it is not a robot trying to access ur account. Meanwhile, please modify and send the sample email to the old ISP and wait for their response. If you know of a quicker way, please do that too. In most cases, they can access your account. Can you call them?

so let's just wait a little.

I will look for a number and send the mail. Do y ou know how long before the gmail will reset?

it said we need to wait for a few hours before we can try again.

I will be in touch with you and them as soon as I get through.

shall I leave this open and check back in a few hours.

yes, if you don't mind. otherwise, u can log off or stay and use ur computer.

Ok I will log off as I am using my sisters PC, my desktop is in transit frm Australia by ship.Sis will want to use the comp. I can also use Yahoo mail as your replies are coming there also.
Thanks

ok. I talk to you later.

thanks

.

Hi, David.

This is Michael with the JustAnswer.

may I have the yahoo email user id. I think u said its password ***** RoyalHotel167?

I need that quickly, plz.

never mind. we have to wait longer. I try it again in a few hours and let you know the result. Please be available when I contact u. Thanks.

hi Michael
Sorry I missed you I have been trying my old email account and it I thought I would sign in to it from the web site and amazingly I got in to westnet mail, it was still active. So I was then able to go to last pass and from there to gmail and all was revealed. I then contacted Google and advised the sign attempts were ok and blocking was stopped. The email password ***** not as I thought. It was very flukey but was your suggestion to try westnet that did the trick.
I am very very grateful Michael you are a champion.
Thankyou very much for your great work

I was wondering what happened to you. I am not sure if I fully understood what you did, but whatever you did I'm glad you got it working.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity of helping you. I will be available to answer any follow-up questions you may have. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer