Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

IM in New Zealand, I have forgotten my password for my gmail…

HI, iM dAVID in...

HI, iM dAVID in New Zealand, I have forgotten my password ***** my gmail account and the alternative email I supplied had to be cancelled when I moved from Australia to NZ . how can I set up a new password ***** recover the old one thanks

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No, i have a yahoo account but that is not reistred woth Gmail as an alternative rcovery mail. i can use my brothers pad

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a securiy qustion which I answered and was to to enter a code whaich was sent to my yahoo account but it didnt work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not real i just need to get into the mail accou s it ill have important mesags from my bank in australia etc

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Waiting....
3/27/2018
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, My name is***** to JustAnswer.com. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

R u there?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hi Michael , David here

Hi David. Just a minute, please. I'll be right back, if I may.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok

Hi. I'm back.Ok. I will do my best to help you with that.

What steps have u taken so far to reset ur password, plz?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thks it is rather important

I'll do my best. I promise. what is the email address you are trying to reset?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
have answred the security question and was told to send an alternative emal addee for a code. I sen my yahoo mail addess and enteeed the code that was sent by gmail however it didnt work on the gmail account I am trying to open
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the adress is***@******.***

I thought u said u did not have access to the alternate account since u moved?

Do you have a phone associated with ur account also?

May I have the alternate account you used to reset along with ur userID and password ***** trouble shoot myself?

do you have any idea what the password ***** used was?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have access to my alternative, that is the yahoo account , however that account the yahoo email is not registered with gmail
that addee is***@******.***
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I dont have a phone at the moment

I see. so that will not help in this case

do u remember any of your old passwords? when do u think u used your email account last?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
the only password ***** can remember is an earlier one but that is of no use i was told by gmail
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
that one is andujan1884

what do u think was your password ***** do u remember any other password ***** used before that worked?

do u have any email account in the following format

d•••@wes••••.•••.••

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
That was the alternative email I had used for the gmail account. However it was closed when i left Australia last Saturday, it was my IP email

how do u know it was closed. did u close it personally?

please let me have the full address plus the password ***** with it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it was bundled with my internet and landline phone account which I closed as Westnet is not available in NZ
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
password ***** *****

I see, so yes it was disconnected. let me have the password ***** used anyway. How did contact us email server in order to check your email?

Thank you.

Just a moment please.

did u also answered the security questions like like your first teacher's name?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
answer for the teachers name was Scarf

do u have any other email besides the gmail that u can check?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have the yahoo mail and another gmail

I just wrote this note for you to send to the old ISP. just wait if I could not reset your password, then u can used that as ur email.

My userid is ***@******.***. I closed my account and moved thinking that I could use my very important gmail account temporarily. But I cannot remember my gmail password. The problem is that I used this account as my alternative account which gmail uses to reset its account. I am wondering if there is any way that u could access my account again and allow me access long enough to reset my gmail account, please. My gmail account is a very important account and I appreciate any help that you can provide.

may i have the password ***** your yahoo email account?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
RoyalHotel167

Thank you.

I'm still with u. I appreciate your patience.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No prob Michael, appreciate you assistance

it's my pleasure,.

did u have to use the ".au" extension at the end of your email when you were there?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
only when using the westnet email and the yahoo mail... not the gmail

I was just notified that they lucked your account because there have been too many failed attempts. We need to wait a few hours to be able to reset. So we need to wait for a little bit. They just want to make sure that it is not a robot trying to access ur account. Meanwhile, please modify and send the sample email to the old ISP and wait for their response. If you know of a quicker way, please do that too. In most cases, they can access your account. Can you call them?

so let's just wait a little.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will look for a number and send the mail. Do y ou know how long before the gmail will reset?

it said we need to wait for a few hours before we can try again.

I will be in touch with you and them as soon as I get through.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
shall I leave this open and check back in a few hours.

yes, if you don't mind. otherwise, u can log off or stay and use ur computer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok I will log off as I am using my sisters PC, my desktop is in transit frm Australia by ship.Sis will want to use the comp. I can also use Yahoo mail as your replies are coming there also.
Thanks

ok. I talk to you later.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thanks

.

Hi, David.

This is Michael with the JustAnswer.

may I have the yahoo email user id. I think u said its password ***** RoyalHotel167?

I need that quickly, plz.

never mind. we have to wait longer. I try it again in a few hours and let you know the result. Please be available when I contact u. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hi Michael
Sorry I missed you I have been trying my old email account and it I thought I would sign in to it from the web site and amazingly I got in to westnet mail, it was still active. So I was then able to go to last pass and from there to gmail and all was revealed. I then contacted Google and advised the sign attempts were ok and blocking was stopped. The email password ***** not as I thought. It was very flukey but was your suggestion to try westnet that did the trick.
I am very very grateful Michael you are a champion.
Thankyou very much for your great work

I was wondering what happened to you. I am not sure if I fully understood what you did, but whatever you did I'm glad you got it working.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity of helping you. I will be available to answer any follow-up questions you may have. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer
Michael
Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer