Jeevan DSouza
Jeevan DSouza,
Experience:  Professor at DeVry University
101786148

I had an older version and bought upgrade. I now am showing

Customer Question

I had an older version and bought upgrade. I now am showing that I have a trial system and it says I have to buy. It is not accepting my registration code
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: WinZip 22
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: Still trying to finishing registration
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lets start with that
Category: Email
Expert:  Jeevan DSouza replied 7 months ago.

Hello there! I am TechGuy007 and I'll be your expert today. I'm sorry you are having this issue and I will do my best to help.

Upgrading to the current version of WinZip from an earlier one is not free. Registration codes from one major version of WinZip cannot be used to register another major version of WinZip. For example, if you have WinZip 20 registration information, you can install and register WinZip 20.0 or WinZip 20.5, but your information will not work in WinZip 19 or WinZip 21. If you install the current version of WinZip over an older, existing, registered copy of WinZip; the result will be an evaluation version of WinZip. Please check both the WinZip version that you purchased and the WinZip version that is installed.

In order to obtain a registration code for the current version of WinZip, an upgrade must be purchased. Registered users of previous versions of WinZip are eligible to upgrade at 50% of the WinZip list price.

If you want to continue to use your existing licensed version of WinZip instead of upgrading, the install file for that earlier version may be downloaded from the Alternative Download Links page. It will be necessary to uninstall the current version of WinZip prior to installing the older version. Once the older version has been installed, the registration code for that particular version may be entered. The current version of WinZip can be downloaded directly from the Download WinZip page. If you have lost your registration code, please see WinZip - What is my registration code?

WinZip registration codes consist of 30 characters formatted as 6 groups of 5 characters separated by hyphens (WinZip 10 and later). WinZip 9.0 (and earlier) used an 8 digit registration number.

If you just purchased the current version of WinZip, please make sure that the installed version is correct (not an earlier evaluation) and make certain that you entered the correct registration information. You may also want to see How to register WinZip software with a registration code.

At times, a name or registration code mismatch may occur. If you entered your registration information correctly and you have the correct version of WinZip installed, but it will not register, please email the Service Department.

If this solves your problem, please give me a 5-star rating!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I bought version 22 upgrade! I want answer as how to make it work!

You should have an activation or registration code when you bought it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You were a waSte of time and my money. I plan to recommend that no one use your services