Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm trying to add an email address to my Gmail account so…

I'm trying to add...

I'm trying to add an email address to my Gmail account so that messages to this new address show up in my Gmail Inbox. I went to Gmail "Settings" page, clicked on the Accounts and Import tab, then clicked on "Add Another Email Address. A popup message appears, Identifies the SMTP server and Port 587. It then asks for my username, which I assume is the new email address I'm trying to add. Then it asks me to enter a "Password." WHAT PASSWORD ***** they referring to?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I'm logged into Gmail on my MacBook Air. I can receive Gmail on my iPhone 8 but I'm not on that now.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My cell phone number is(###) ###-#### I have a Gmail account password ***** that is not accepted when I enter it on the Popup message I mentioned earlier.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I hope the information I provided you is sufficient.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

When it asks for the "Password", it is asking for the password ***** the email account that you are trying to add to your Gmail account.

Does that make sense?

but it's not accepting the Gmail account password ***** created. Should I simply create a new Gmail account password?

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Update Payment Info" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

If the password ***** ***** accepted, you will need to reset the password.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 08
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

I tried to reset the password, but the system doesn't recognize what I believed was the present password. How do I fix that?
Also, when I click on the Apple icon, System Preferences, Security & Privacy app, there is no option for clicking an "Open Anyways" button. Why's that?

Choose the option to allow unidentified apps and run the application again, please.

If you don't know the Mac Log in password, that will now work, however. Were you able to do that?

Still working on it. Where can I find "allow unidentified apps" button?

It will be an option that you can choose after you click the Lock button on the Security & Privacy window.

Getting warmer. New password ***** attempting to download app.

Thank you

A file named "Remote File From Jason Client" has downloaded to my Downloads folder. But when I click on that, a popup message reads "“Remote Help From Jason Client” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." The only option for me is to click "OK" button.

Right click that file and while holding down the SHIFT key on the keyboard, click OPEN.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Jason,I have been successful in getting Gmail to recognize and accept emails that come to my new citizensclimatelobby.org address. All set! Thanks for your help yesterday.Robert

Robert,

You are most welcome.

Thank you,

Jason