Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I live off grid. Goggle sends me a verification code but by…

Customer Question
I live off grid...

I live off grid. Goggle sends me a verification code but by the time I get back from cell reception the code has expired.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Via thunderbird

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have followed instructions to verify my phone number in order to reset my password. I was travelling and my password ***** terminated

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/27/2018
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! I amCustomerand I'll be your expert today. I'm sorry you are having this issue and I will do my best to help.

You should reset your password ***** you have cell phone reception.

If this solves your problem, please give me a 5-star rating!

I have no cell reception. I have no land line. I live far from cell reception. By the time I drive from cell reception the verification code has expired
I have satellite service and can text with only iphones
Why not just send me a verification number here?
I am trying to resolve this soon as I am expecting an important email
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

I cannot send you the verification code. For security reasons it should go straight from your email provider to your phone. Can you change the phone number associated with your account?

No,, I have only the one phone.
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry - there is nothing much I can do in that case!