Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cannot get Apple ID with. Have put in my new gmail address…

Customer Question
Cannot get Apple ID...

Cannot get Apple ID with***@******.***. Have put in my new gmail address of***@******.*** but it keeps going back to bigpond address which I no longer have

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Had a green bubble come up to fix Apple ID which let me put in my gmail address and password ***** fixed it but old email address still comes up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just seem to be going around in circles, I tried to open a new account using my gmail but says it’s taken therefore mine has registered

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/27/2018
Email technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To make sure I don't miss anything, your new email***@******.***, would you like to set this up on your iPad now instead of the bigpond one?

Okay, lets try these steps first and let me know how it goes. I am here to help you, if you need. Feel free to message me.

On your iPad

1. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account.
  2. Tap your email provider.
  3. Enter your email address and password.
  4. Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
  5. Choose information from your email account, like Contacts or Calendars, that you want to see on your device.
  6. Tap Save.