Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am very upset! I just stupidly opened an email that scared…

Customer Question
I am very upset...

I am very upset! I just stupidly opened an email that scared me and forced me toopen it.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know what to do. THe email was supposedly from Google telling me that my email was going to be deactivated within the hour because it said i requested it to be deactivated on March 26. I did not make that request.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

PLEASE DO NOT DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/27/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

The e-mail that you received is almost definitely a scam e-mail. Do you still have the e-mail?

Are you still with me?

You can reply back via the box below.

It was in my SPAM> and I opened it. IT said it was from GOOGLE and that I should reply immediately if I did not want my gmail account deazctivated within the hour

Yes, that very much sounds like a scam email that was trying to steal personal information from you.

Did you actually respond to it?

Are you still there?