Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot log into my microsoft account. In says locked out…

Customer Question
I cannot log into...

I cannot log into my microsoft account. In says locked out as someone may have hacked or sent junk emails.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I cannot get past the reset password

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have tried that several times and it will not reset. I did manage to sent a message so maybe in 24 hours it will be reactivated.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/26/2018
Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! I am TechGuy007 and I'll be your expert today. I'm sorry you are having this issue and I will do my best to help.

Follow these steps to get to the recovery form:

1. Go to the Password ***** page.
  2. Select the reason you can't sign in, then click Next.
  3. Enter the email address, phone number, or Skype name that you used to create your Microsoft account.
  4. Enter the characters you see on the screen to prove you're not a robot, then click Next.
  5. Select I don't have any of these when asked to verify your identity, then click Next.
  6. You may be asked if you have an account recovery code. This is something you would have created in the past and saved in a secure location, not a code that was sent to your phone or email. If you can find your code, enter it here. Otherwise, click No.

Now you should be at the page that says Recover your account. Follow these steps to fill out the form and send your recovery request.

1. Check to make sure the account name listed under Email, phone, or Skype name is yours, and is spelled correctly. If not, start over from the Password ***** page.
  2. Enter an email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery, then click Next.
  3. A screen pops up asking you to verify that email address. We'll send you a security code in an email. Enter that code here, and click Verify.
  4. Now you're asked to answer several questions about yourself and your account. Fill in as much information as you can, even if you're not sure.
  5. Click Submit when you're finished

If this solves your problem, please give me a 5-star rating!

Email technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago

Here's the link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=242000