Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received notice that my gmail account is being terminated.

I received notice that...

I received notice that my gmail account is being terminated. This is a mistake. How can I cancel the process?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through my desktop computer.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I responded to the email cancellation saying that it was a mistake and please do not cancel. I received a various responses - Mailbox full, recipient could not be reached, etc.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this happened because I was deleting old email on Friday, the 23rd and must have made a mistake. There is a Ticket ID [CASE:GTM4695908201]

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

The message may have been sent by a scammer.

To be sure that your account is safe, may I remotely connect to your computer and help you fix this problem and verify that your account is not in danger?

ok

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 53
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

Jason - not sure if you completed the remote assistance. I was not able to find the link to “run the program”.
I am not sure if Jason completed the remote repair. Request confirmation.

I am not done, yet. Let's try this again.

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 49

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

I do not see an”open anyways” button.

What do you see?

I am stuck at the Security & Privacy screen.

What words do you see on that screen?

General, which I clicked on. A line to change password. A line for Require password ***** an option to change minutes. A check next to Disable auto mic login.Below the fold, Allow apps downloaded from - App Store and identified developers is selected.

Choose to allow apps from anywhere. Once that is done, attempt to run the remote program again. Thank you

That option is not provided.

Which options are provided?

Two options - App Store, & App Store and identified developers

Okay, go to your Downloads folder, right click the most recent Elsinore file, and while holding down the Shift key, click Open.

I am still on the Securuty and Privacy page

Okay. Close that window.

Go to your Downloads folder, right click the most recent Elsinore file, and while holding down the Shift key, click Open.

I don’t see an Elsinore file. Is that the label..

That is the name of the file.

It may be named "remote help from Jason"

I don't think you are helping me. Perhaps I should quit.

I have done this scores of thousands of times. If you wish to quit, please let me know and I will send in your refund request.

I want to quit. Thanks for trying. Please facilitate a refund.

I did all that I could do from my end. Thank you.

I will send in your refund request.

Thank you.