Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to access my Gmail account and I am getting a…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to access my Gmail account and I am getting a message that Google cannot verify that it is me trying to access the account. They ask fo my password, but unfortunately, I cannot remember the password. It asks for me for any password ***** may have used on this account. I enter a previous password, but it still does not let me proceed. They ask me for a mobile phone number to send a text with a code. I did that and never got a text from the. They asked for another email account and I entered my wife's gmail. They sent the code but when I enter the code I get a message back saying they cannot verify my account and the process starts al over again.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I can access the account from my I-pad, which I do not have with me.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have a security question, but when I answer it, the process simply continues to say it cannot verify me. I have a phone number, but it is my business phone with extensions. I dont think their computer can dial my extension.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

It says i changed my password ***** days ago, but I dont recall changing it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/27/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 5 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you