Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email was hacked and someone sent an email to my

Customer Question
Hi there My...

Hi there My email was hacked and someone sent an email to my financial adviser asking to drawndown funds and place it into an ANZ account. I have changed my password ***** Microsoft but am wondering if I should close the account and reopen another one.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes probably but I have logged out of them and logged in again with the new password.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes. I have reset the password ***** probs.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I received an email from my brother in law and he forwarded some documents allegedly but couldn't attach them properly and asked us to click on this link to view the documents. It looked legit because we are going to travel with him and thought it was documents in relation to our trip. Turns out he didn't send the email and he was in fact hacked.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/26/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

There will be no reason to close the account as it would not stop this.

What happened was they hacked your account and got access to your contacts, then they used your account to send emails to them on.

Now you have changed the password, it stops any further access.

I advise you use a complicated password ***** avoid this in the future.

A good idea is for example if it is ilovepizza make it [email protected]@

This will make it near impossible to hack unless you give it out.

Do you require any additional information from me?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much has this cost me and are there any further on-going charges.

I cannot see the costs here it is the question value you set when making the question.

There are no on-going or additional costs.

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want it to cost me anything further. I am a pensioner and funds are limited. What has it cost thus far.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

You are welcome and please remember to rate my service via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you

I saw you left without rating my service which means I get nothing for helping you..

Was there a reason for this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Richard I was just wanting to know if I had to close my Hotmail account and reopen another. That cost me $75. I have checked my MasterCard account and the transaction is there. I do not want ongoing help. I just wanted to ask one question. When I read it at the very beginning it looked like the answer to my question was going to be $5. I thought ok fair enough and clicked to pay by PayPal. To pay $75 for that little bit of advice is just over the top. I am disgruntled by this. You of course answered my question immediately and very promptly and for that I am appreciative but the cost leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I see there is a no questions asked refund policy and have requested a refund. If there is a refund then I will of course give you your 5 star rating.

The costs is shown when you created the question... you see this when you made it as do all customers.

So I see now once you received the information from me, as long as your followup questions, you now want a refund.

This ensures I receive nothing for the service, and this is my livliehood. It is disappointing that you bring this up once you got the service you needed, but we work on a system of trust, which is nearly always never an issue. You can use this link here to avoid paying the site and me for the service you received

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I did see your response but chose not to reply, This is an absolute rip-off. Not interested in any further discussion!!!
Richard, Email Systems Specialist