Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Whenever i try to open my gmail account from different

Customer Question
Hi Technician's Assistant: Hi...

Hi

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Whenever i try to open my gmail account from different device it asks me to confirm my recovery email. I confirm that but still does not let me open my email

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

This has been frustrating for me as im unable to check my email from wherever i want

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

What you mean

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats all thanks

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Email
3/26/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 25 days ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

How do you access the same Gmail box from different devices? Via web or using an email app/program?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi Sorry i was away

Hello, that's alright. Can you please upload a screenshot of the error message as it will well tell the situation and context of your issue. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
hi

Hello, I am here.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i need help with my email

Sure, I am help to help. Can you please provide more details of your problem, especially the details I asked for in my previous messages? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I am having difficulties opening my email from different devices
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
my account***@******.***
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i usually open my email from two location
1 from home my laptop
2 from work
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
when try to open my account on different devices like computers in a friends office or house it wont let me in
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
it asks my recovery email which is***@******.***. I always put that correctly but it will still not let me in
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
is that clear now?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
R U there?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
hi r u there?

Yes, that is very common and this is Google's way to protect your account to be access from untrusted devices or locations.

I am here. I am typing

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
but that's not nice
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
for example today i had an interview and wanted to print something from my email

What you need to do is, from a trusted device at trusted location, configure your Gmail security setting to accept two-step verification or app password ***** necessary. Do you need to configure it for you remotely or you DIY by following the instruction I provide?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i understand thats for security. What i dont understand is why it does not let me in when i type my recovery email?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
is there a Gmail support service contact here in Australia
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
r u there?

> why it does not let me in when i type my recovery email?

Because the 'weight" or trust level has been significantly enough as per Google's algorithm.

> is there a Gmail support service contact here in Australia

No. Google does not provide any peer-to-peer support (like what we do here) for any of their free services (or in Google's wording - consumer services).

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok was this support free?

FYI - Contact Google Email Support

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213

> r u there?

Yes, but please bear with me for slow, proper typing and finding support stuff you need.

> was this support free?

This is not a free service.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

1. Please be aware that you are using JustAnswer, a paid service providing professional support with guaranteed quality. This is not a service for $5 (your deposit). Please advise if you want to continue or not. Thanks.
  2. You may see an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra fee, this is not from me, by the site automatically. If you think it is unnecessary or unrelated for your question, please disregard it.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i dont want to continue because i dont find it helpful. Thanks!

Fine, though I have well explained the reason for you.

FYI - your issue can be fixed via remote session, guaranteed.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist