Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I used Windows Live email which was fine. I upgraded to

Customer Question
I used Windows Live...

I used Windows Live email which was fine. I upgraded to Windows 10 which has a new client. How do I transfer my Live email to the Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Comcast.net

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Locating my old mail, of which I have a number of important emails. I consolidated that email into one folder. I tried looking on the web for some answers but could find any satisfactory one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/26/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using the Windows 10 computer right now?
  2. Are you still able to open your Windows Live Mail after the upgrade?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I'm using Windows 10 now. I'm not able to open Windows Live Mail now after the upgrade

Thank you for writing back with that information. So you are saying that the emails are still on your system but WLM (Windows Live Mail) is not opening, and you want all your emails in WLM to be available on the new email program?

I would like the new program to get my emails or ......at least get windows live back

I believe we are talking about ONE computer only here. Your old computer with previous version of Windows upgraded to Windows 10. So HOW did you know that all of your Windows Live Mail emails are still there? Did you make a manual backup?

Only one computer. I had to reformat my drive and I upgraded my computer to Win 10. I made a manual backup and found all of my emails.

Where did you store those backup? In an external drive?

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

on an external drive.Is the Secure Remote Assistance cost in addition to the $47?

It is an extra fee of $39

I would love to, but can't afford it right now.

I can send you a formal offer for a minimal fee so that we can proceed with remote access. If the fee is okay with you, you can accept it, then we can do the remote session.

OK

I just sent the formal offer. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session.

I can see that you tried to accept my offer but there was an error from your end. Please fix the error so that we can do the remote session.

If the payment information that you entered are correct, I believe your bank is blocking the transaction. You might need to contact your bank to authorize the transaction.

I corrected the information. Is there still a problem?

Yes, there is still a problem from your end. Please read my last reply.

Try now.

I will send the offer again. Please try accepting it again.

The offer is already there. Please try to accept it again and see if the payment failure is gone.

The system says "success" It cleared the erroneous transactions. Hopefully, it accepted the newest one

From my end I can still see the payment failure and the offer was still not accepted yet.

It has tried to post 6 $10 transactions and it is coming across as fraudulent trans. At this point is there a way just to get Windows Live email and I'll try to work with it tomorrow?

That is what I was suspecting. Your bank was blocking the transaction suspecting it was fraudulent.

Please give me a moment to type the procedures if you want to have WLM installed again. I will be back with the procedures.

Thanks

Thank you for patiently waiting. Yes, WLM was already retired by Microsoft so there is no way to download it from the Microsoft download center. However, you can still get it from other download servers. They are the same and exact copy from the one in the Microsoft servers.

Please click on the link below and then download Windows Live Mail 2012. After downloading, install it and during installation, you can choose Mail only so that the other components that you do not use will NOT be installed.

Here is the link:

https://archive.org/details/wlsetup-all_201704

This is an archive site since the original is no longer available from Microsoft. To download, look at the right panel where it says Download Options. Click on "Windows Executable" to start downloading the full offline installer of size 301MB.

After downloading, install it like how you install other programs.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess