Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have not been able to access my gmail or send mail for two…

Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have not been able to access my gmail or send mail for two months now. ***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Not anymore. I don't have internet on my laptop at home

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am transferring information from damaged cell phone to replacement and the old will need to be turned in in q few days. Also now all my necessary data was transferred. Perhaps I don't know much but not all my contacts were transferred.

3/25/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer right now? a Mac? or a smartphone?
  2. Int he device that you are using -- are you using a web browser to access (send and receive) your Gmail? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016 or the Mail app?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I used to have connections through windows on my laptop and computer at home. I use outlook, yes windows. The cellphone is an Android. Always had all connected and have access from base.
Would I be able to get in my two months of gmail? What caused this behaviour?

Thank you for writing back with that information. The first thing that you can do is to access your Gmail using a web browser. This is to test your password. Also, as to what caused this, I believe there is a setting in your account that needs to be turned ON and that is only accessible using the web browser, not Outlook.

Open your web browser, then go to www.gmail.com, then login there.

Please tell me when this is done.

I'm in but no new files as of Feb 1
When I leave this area I'm not going to be accessible to Wi-Fi

Thank you for writing back with that information. So indeed there were no emails that arrived so your Outlook did not get any.

In your web browser still, please check the STORAGE usage. It is found at the bottom part of the Gmail page on the web browser. Is it 100% already?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
I don't believe I'm understanding where to look for storage. I am at a loss and need desperately to speak with someone about my situation. I don't know where to go from here. I am limited with the use of these actions.
What is the situation with my request??

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool and you need to be on the computer. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=80b8e589-2040-4ea4-b8f8-ae57c12a6f3b

Best regards,
Jess

The file downloaded cannot be opened

Did you download it using a computer?

I used my Android phone, that's all I have.
I don't have internet on my laptop at home

Ok. On your phone now where you accessed your Gmail using a web browser, please visit this link:

https://drive.google.com/u/0/settings/storage?hl=en

Please check if usage is past 100%

Usage is 101% used

Wow!! That should be the culprit why you are NOT getting any more emails. There on that page, you will also know WHICH Google service consumed your storage. I believe it will be Google Drive or Google Photos.

You can choose to buy more storage or delete your files from Google Drive or Google Photos.

Please let me know if you need more help. Fixing this storage issue should fix your problem.

Regarding your 2 months of emails, NO, they will not be received anymore. The senders to your Gmail already got a notification reply from Google that your account is over quota and will not be able to receive new emails.

Thanks for that valid bit of information Jess.
nothing can be done at this time? Who do I make purchase of more space?

Yes, nothing can be done about the 2 months of emails. I suggest you buy extra storage if you are actively or regularly using Gmail and Google services. You buy it from Google using the page you are seeing about the 101% usage.

OK, n this can be done online too

Yes, that is correct.

In the link below where you see your disk usage, you can purchase a plan monthly or annually.

If you want to manage your usage, on that same page, you can tap or click on "View Details" (below the graph) to see what service consumed your storage. I believe it is NOT Gmail most of the times it is Google Drive or Google Photos.

You have the option to delete your files from Google Drive or Google Photos to free up disk space. Or lastly, to buy extra disk storage and being charged monthly or annually.

The free storage plan is only 15Gig. Next plan is 100Gig and that is a lot and you will surely not be having this storage issue again :)

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Alright I will look into what you suggest but I have been deleting files way back to 2003
From what you viewed, just how much of that do you see can be deleted

I am not able to view your usage from my end. Only you can do that since to be able to view it, you need to be logged in to your Gmail. And only you can log in to your Gmail.

As to hot much can be deleted, it depends on you. If you are referring to files on your Google Drive, you can delete whatever you want to delete. The same thing with Google Photos.

Be sure to EMPTY your Trash for the storage usage to be updated.

Thanks Jess M.