Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

While setting up Google pay account on Samsung s8 phone

While setting up Google...

While setting up Google pay account on Samsung s8 phone became locked...and I do nont know password ***** code whichever it is...very frustrated

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

On a tablet now

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone is(###) ###-####

3/26/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact wording you are seeing on the locked screen?

Please let me know

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Enter password ***** password ***** at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I only have access to a tablet

ok, then use this link please to reset your Google Password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, use the new password ***** the phone

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Keeps telling me to try again in 28 sec.

Ok, but did you first reset the password ***** my instructions?

ok, now wait out the time and try the new password *****

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
3 tries...keeps saying try again in 28 sec.

Is it specifically mentioning a request for a Google password?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No....a tech told me probably Google thing...cannot even turn phone off...could be Samsung or at&t..was trying to set up Google pay account when it happened..I don't know.

What is the model of the phone?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
S8

ok, now if you click on my link below, can you now sign into your Gmail account there?

www.gmail.com

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can log on my tablet...not my phone

Thanks

You will then need to reset the phone, it will remove all data from it and return it to new, but this you cannot avoid

To do this

Make sure your Galaxy S8 is powered down.

Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.
After 30 seconds, you should see the Android Recovery Menu. If your phone boots up as normal, try repeating the previous two steps.
Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
Once the factor reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.

Then setup the phone again

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Phone just restarts....no menu

You need to first power it off please, so completly off, then try

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Phone will not shut down...just reboots

You need to hold the power button down until you see a menu and choose power off

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Requests a password ***** shut off

ress and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

Then power it off please

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just used an old password ***** it opened...I now have to go to work...thank you for now
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Turns out I had locked the phone and could not remember password...I appreciate all your help and am fine with my charges...I would however like to opt out of my membership now or at the end of my free trial...thanks for all your help.
Richard, Email Systems Specialist