Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Jesse. My emails used to show the sender, in bold, under the…

Hi Jesse. My emails...

Hi Jesse. My emails used to show the sender, in bold, under the date. I have done something and the senders' names are ***** ***** you help me restore things please? I have been through all menu items without success. Thanks, Lindsay

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Microsoft Outlook

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Accessed all menu items

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I have covered it thanks.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What version of MS Outlook are you using -- 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Windows 10
2007
No thanks
I'll be guided by you here thanks. Can you use Teamviewer?

Thank you. Please give me a moment to type the procedures.

Thank you

Please allow me to understand your problem further. Are you saying that when you open Outlook, in your Inbox for example, the SENDER or FROM column is gone? And all you see there are Subject, Received Date and Size?

All I have is the date in Bold.
Underneath is the message.
The sender's name used to be under the Date also in Bold

But where are you seeing all this? While viewing the listing of emails in INBOX? Or when opening a particular email message?

It would also indicate if there was an attachment

Can you capture a screenshot of the problem and attach it to your reply?

I can take a photo but how do I attach it?

You can upload the photo to this file-sharing website:

http://filesXpress.com

Tell me when it is uploaded so that I can download it

how do I upload it please?

Visit this link:

http://filesXpress.com

You can use a camera to take the picture, then download the picture from the camera to your computer, then visit the link I gave you, upload the picture you just copied or downloaded to the camera.

Sorry. It may be out of my expertise. Cannot see how to upload the photo

Which part of uploading are you unable to do? You just visit the site I gave you, click Select button, locate the file you want to upload, click Open. There it will uploaded.

I have never loaded a photo to my PC
I'm going to have to leave very soon as I have a pressing commitment.
Can I get back to you to-night please?

Ok I understand. Now since you are using Windows 10, using the Cortana box, type "Snip" and then click on Snipping Tool to open it.

Then, click on the NEW button.

Then the screen and mouse pointer will change.

Select the area of your screen to capture. Make sure the Outlook screen is captured.

Save it and remember where you saved it.

Then upload it to the site I gave you.

Yes we can resume tonight if you want. How many hours from now will that be? (It is 10:07AM here, Sunday)

Thanks. What and where is the Cortana Box please?.
It's just gone 1 pm here. I should be back in 6 hours, 7pm our time, 3pm your time?
Cheers, Lindsay

The Cortana search is on the bottom left corner of your Windows 10 computer with a search text box, just beside the Windows logo key.

Thanks. Correction on the timing.
You are only 3 hours behind us so 7pm here should be 4pm there.
Out of interest where are you located?

I am from Manila Philippines. So sure, we can resume later.

Hi! Back earlier than I expected. Would you like to resume? Cheers, Lindsay
Do I need a cable to connect the mobile to the laptop?

Hi, thank you for writing back and sorry for the late reply. I did not get the notification that you replies yesterday and I just got it today. In case you are still there, we can resume today when you are available.

Hi! :) Here now

I am here too.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=814888fd-bd80-46c5-b032-075a52a91ed5

Best regards,
Jess