Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received a email from Apple with a warning that iOS crash…

I received a email...

I received a email from Apple with a warning that iOS crash suspicious activity detected error code appdel 001. Now my email was account is no longer available email from at&t today stating my request to deactivate my account was complete. I didn’t request my email account to be deactivated. Now I can’t get into my email account

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your Apple device crashed?

I think I was playing games then tried to go in my email. When I go into my email account can’t send email

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your device?

I’m checking now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time. Just looks like someone requested my email account be deactivated but not be me. I did receive the email from at&t saying they received info from me. Thank you

3/25/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. How do you access your email accounts -- using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox? Or using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I use internet explorer. Forgot to tell you the message I got from Apple said malicious appllication detected by Apple scan
I’m using Apple iPad I have the latest ios

So you are saying that you are using your iPad now to chat with me? And you do not use a Windows computer with Internet Explorer browser?

I’m currently using my iPhone. My iPad is charging now. I can’t read or send email on my iPad or my iPhone. I can however use safari on both
I’m using my iPhone to chat with you and I’m using Windows as far as I know

Ok. On your Safari, can you access your email?

Also, in the email message that you received, I believe it was a phishing email. Can you remember if on that email, you were asked to click or tap a link, and on the webpage that you were redirected to, you were asked to enter your account information?

I was able to sign into my email on safari just now. The email I received from at&t today told me to reply to them but I can’t
that email from At&t and Apple were in my junk email
I was able to click link from at&t I received this afternoon and replied I did not request for my account to be terminated. So I can read and send reply on my iPad using safari
I just changed my password ***** my email account. I am now able to get into my email account
I just tried to forward a email to me from my inbox on my iPad and got a message
User name or password ***** followed by my email saying incorrect cannot send mail
At this point I can access my email
But not forward or send and when I compose email I get same message, incorrect username or password *****
I just checked the emai in my outbox and those emails were not sent. They are just sitting in my outbox mailbox

Thank you for writing back. On your Mail app, did you update your password?

Since you changed your password ***** you access your email on Safari, you need to enter the NEW password ***** you created for you to be able to send and receive emails normally.

I updated my password ***** i updated my password ***** was able to read my email just can’t send email now

But of course you can send emails using Safari, right?

Now, please confirm: are ALL of your emails INTACT when you access your email while on Safari? I am asking his because the next option is to REMOVE the email account from the Mail app, and then ADD it again.

You can only do this if ALL of your emails are intact in the webmail. This is because when you ADD the email account back in your Mail app, when the email syncs, all emails from the webmail will be restored.

I can send my emails in safari and all my mail seems to be in place in safari. Just one more thing. When I check emails that I forward to me while on safari for instance one of your emails comes up in numbers. I can’t read the email. But other than that my emails are on safari

I believe those emails were not forwarded successfully. Why did you forward them? Did you get them from Email #1 and you wanted to have them to Email #2?

No just trying to see if they would show up in my regular email and in box on safari
Got those emails from safari and just wanted to see if they would go in both safari and regular email

They should be in your regular "Mail" when your email account is synced. NO need to forward. You are just making duplicates.

Ok. So you’re saying I’m going to sync my email? Of course you will walk me through the process?

Now, since you just confirmed that you are able to access your account in Safari, and that you changed your password (good move), but the Mail app is having trouble sending, I suggest that on the Mail app, you REMOVE your email there.

After removing, please ADD your email account again as IMAP (it is IMAP by default though)

Wait for the email to sync and all of your emails will be available or restored.

you want me to go in my mail app in my settings first?

Yes, remove the email account from your Mail app.

Since you know the password, you can ADD it again and all settings will be refreshed and all emails that you see now on Safari will be restored when the Mail app syncs your email.

I went into settings then mail then I clicked accounts and password ***** under imap I clicked account then email then edit however I can’t delete my email account even when I hit edit button.

Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

Select the email account you would like to delete and then swipe all the way to the bottom of the screen.

You will then see an option that says "Delete Account". Tap it to remove the account from your iOS device.

I don’t want to seem dumb however when I go to mail there is nothing with my account under it. When I go to settings then the screen shows IMAP under that it’s acoount which shows my email address, under account it’s mail under that it’s notes. Last there is a delete account button. When I click mail then delete account which is in red letters a message pops up saying if I continue all IMAP notes will be removed from your iPhone says nothing about mail. So am I suppose to press the delete even tho warning only says all notes will be removed from my iPhone? Sorry
Not sure if you’re still with me??
I assume my session is up?

I am still here

Here are the steps again:

1. Launch Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
  3. Tap the account you want to delete.
  4. Tap Delete Account.

Please tell me at which step you are stuck.

I just gave the ok for you to remotely take over my ipad

Unfortunately, remote access only works with computers. I cannot remotely access smartphones and gadgets like your iPad.

Have you tried to follow the 4 steps I outlined for you?

I’ll wait until you are available since I’ve been working on you. I paid the fee for you to take over my computer remotely. Thank you

as I stated before when I tap mail I get the message saying if I press delete all my imap notes will be deleted. It doesn’t say that my mail will be deleted. Do you still want me to press the delete button anyway? I was just concerned the mail account would still be there and just the notes would be deleted
P
Ok looks like the mail and notes have been deleted. Next step?

After deleting the email account using the procedures I gave you, please ADD it again as an IMAP email account. Then wait for it to SYNC and all your emails should be restored.

How do I add it as a imap account. I just signed back into my email account on Under account now it’s showing Yahoo! Under primary server. It’s showing smtp.mail.yahoo.com under other smtp.

I believe IMAP is the default type. If your email is @att.net, then you will be using Yahoo servers.

After adding the account successfully, are your emails that you have seen on the webmail now syncing?

my emails have synced but not under imap. Showing up under primary server yahoo smtp server. Should I add imap somewhere under account

Please check the incoming server. I believe it is IMAP. If it is showing pop there, then it is a POP account. Otherwise, it is IMAP.

If I don’t have to concern myself with not being able to use IMAP I guess I don’t need to do anything else. If that’s the case I thank you for your assistance and for being patient with me

If you are able to see all emails that you see on the webmail before, I believe that was due to the SYNC feature and that is an IMAP feature. I believe you are able to send emails now.

I hope I was able to help.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist