Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't seem to get MS Outlook set up to be my default mail…

I can't seem to...

I can't seem to get MS Outlook set up to be my default mail software. I don't want to use MS 365 Outlook, I want to use the Outlook installed on this computer. Gmail is my email node. I can get all the way to credentials, and I don't know if gmail is POP or whatever. Please help me if you can! Thanks, Miles

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I don't really "check Outlook" because i can't get it set up with Gmail. I use Gmail as an app in Chrome, or at google.com

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I receive mail fine through a browser. You're not following that I have not been successful in an initial setup of Outlook on a new computer.

Technician's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Email Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm willing to pay for remote tech support if that would expedite the process.

3/24/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 computer or a Mac?
  2. What version of MS Office or MS Outlook are you using?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
W10, MSOffice 16 and Outlook 16 on a brand new Dell All-in-One
I prefer to use Chrome as my default browser, but if it's causing problems for Outlook, I could use IE. I just prefer the Google products. I because familiar with desktop Outlook at work, so I thought I would try it at home

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d5c14252-216e-4cb7-bd7f-453b92d9b292

Best regards,
Jess