Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Ben Larson reset my password on March 18, and I am unable to…

Customer Question
Ben Larson reset my password...
Ben Larson reset my password ***** March 18, and I am unable to log on today with that reset password. It keeps telling me to sign in with the last password ***** on my PC which was the reset password ***** the 18th.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
3/24/2018
Email technician: Benjamin Larson, Software Development Engineer replied 2 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Software Development Engineer
Hi, this is Benjamin and I would love to help you with your question. I am not at my desk right now, but I will get back to you when I get back to my desk.
Thanks. No rush.
My apologies, but I can't find your previous question. Can you please provide me with the information so I can help you? What account was I helping you with?
I have a HP that I had not used for awhile. I forgot my password ***** you helped reset it. It was on March 18.
Gotcha, the Pavilion with Windows 8, right?
You connected remotely for me last week. I haven’t been on this computer since then.

Okay, I had a chance to review our previous interaction.

My apologies, I just got home.

https://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/2efb42f06765498d8b36cc9935c5d6a2#re.v/2415/

It doesn't look like we did a remote session last time, but I would certainly be willing to do one. There is an additional charge. I made it the lowest cost possible I'm allowed to make it as a courtesy since you are return customer. I am available tonight if you wish.

If you would not like to go that route, then I would suggest resetting your password, using the same directions we used last time: (I copied and pasted that below.)

Please follow these directions on another computer (or your phone or iPad)
To reset your password:
Go to the Reset your password *****: https://account.live.com/password/reset

Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next. (select forgot password *****)

Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover. (*****@******.***)

Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.

If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us.

After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

Please let me know if that worked for you or if you'd like to go the premium route.