Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I RECENTLY ADDED MY WIFE'S GMAIL TO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL, BUT…

Customer Question
I RECENTLY ADDED MY...

I RECENTLY ADDED MY WIFE'S GMAIL TO WINDOWS LIVE MAIL, BUT CAN NOT SEND GMAIL MESSAGES. I GET A REGECTION RESPONSE.

Technician's Assistant: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?

THE ERROR MESSAGE IS " SERVER REJECTED SENDERS EMAIL ADDRESS.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?

PROBABLY, BUT I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I SHOULD ALOS HAVE THE SETTINGS CHECKED FOR MY GMAIL ADDRESS, ALTHOUGH I CAN SEND AND RECEIVE GMAIL.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
3/24/2018
Email technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Have you ever been able to send mail from her email since you setup the account?

NO. CAN YOU ADVISE WITHOUT SECURELY CONNECTING?
ARE YOU THERE?
ok
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What's the email address in question please?

no
are you there?

Sorry for replying late. Please click HERE once logon in your Gmail account, change the setting to allow less secure apps.

Then let me know if your Windows Live Mail works again or not.

Thanks.

I FOUND SETTINGS UNDER SECURITY, BUTDO NOT SEE THE REFERENCE TO LESS SECURE APPS. WHERE IS IT?
ARE YOU THERE?
Scroll down for there and you can see it. Slide the switch to ON (blue).
I DON'T SEE ANYWHERE TO SCROOL. WHEN I CLICK ON PROPERTIES, THEN SERVERS, AND THEN SETTINGS, I DON'T SEE WHERE I CAN SCROOL DOWN TO FIND THEE OPTION THAT YOU ARE DESCRIBING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG OR MISSING?

I think you are referring to server setting of your Windows Live Mail on your local computer side. What I am referring to Gmail security settings in the cloud. I guess a remote session is necessary now as I need to double check both local and cloud settings to make sure they are matched. Thanks.

IS THE REMOTE SETTING CHARGE OF $39 IN ADDITION TO THE $5 ANND $31 ALREADY CHARGED ALTHOUGH MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED? I'M CLOSING DOWN FOR THE NIGHT, BUT WILL REVISIT THIS TOMORROW IN THE AM.

> ALTHOUGH MY PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED?

If the problem is not solved, you can ask for refund for the remote session.

I WILL TRY THE SECUR REMOTE ASSISTANCE AROUND 12 NOON, EST. ARE YOU AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME?
ARE YOU READY FOR ME TO DO THE REMORE SETTING?
Good morning from Australia. I can be available in a few hours. Please let me know your availability.