Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

E-mail account has account key sent to old phone number also…

E-mail account***@******.*** has account...

E-mail account***@******.*** has account key sent to old phone number also for Facebook how can I access my account?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes for questions ,new phone

Answered in 1 day by:
3/26/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

March 2018

ok, so if you now try to sign into the yahoo account, what is the exact message you get?

Facebook app goes to new phone new page and won't add account to best I just tried

Is the issue signing into Yahoo or Facebook?

Facebook account sends sms to old no.or email to***@******.*** so it is both.to afford any charges over 47$ will have to wait 1 week

Ok, do you still recall the old phone number?

ok, do you have access to that number anymore?

Not at all

Ok, call the number and check if it is active and someone answers it please.

Not in service

ok,

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Please note, unless you gave Facebook another recovery option that is valid, you wont be able to access this either sorry.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist