Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I edit my yahoo profile? I have forgotten my

Customer Question
How do I edit...

How do I edit my yahoo profile?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have forgotten my password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't used yahoo in a couple of years

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
i have recently moved from Kansas City, Mo. to Omaha. i am trying to get everything straightened uo on my desktop.
3/24/2018
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 5 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

Do you use PC? If so, which version of Windows do you use, 7, 8, 10?

W10

Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and you still have that phone number or access to the backup email address.
Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue.
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure?
Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you? (optional extra service)

no

you no longer need to recover? you are all set?

no. and how can i be alset when i haven't edited anything

ok, to edit you need to login to your account, if you forgot the password ***** here for recovery of it: https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username

I have to change the info in my profile in order to be able to log in

first you need to login, then you can change your info. link to recover your password ***** ***** last message.

Here is the note from Yahoo:

"When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address."

"To protect the security of your account, if you weren't successful with Yahoo Sign-in Helper or with the other options above, you likely won't be able to recover your account. If you remember your sign-in information later, you can come back and try again."

Link to above notes here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.