Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My yahoo and fb was hacked. i cant get into my old yahoo…

Customer Question
My yahoo and fb...

My yahoo and fb was hacked. i cant get into my old yahoo account cause i cant remember my old number, Cause I didnt update to yahoo account, now I cant retrieve my fb or yahoo acciunt, i made a new email, but it doesnt help me

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

Yes my new one, but its been awhile and I dont remember password ***** my friend set it up for me/ and on my phone i tried to login on new one but the old one kept popping up and asking me to fill in missing numbers..i asked someone here about a month ago to help me and he said it would be corrected and never was so until i can retrieve my old email..***@******.***, i cant get into my old fb account

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Im almost sure i do.. im not sure. im not good on computers, so when my fb and emails are hacked i try to follow wat they tell me but not sure,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No other than please help. like i told you they connected me to someone before and he didnt do anything.. all i want is to recover my old email that i gave you so i can retrieve my old fb that i have had for years

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/24/2018
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

To recover your Yahoo! Mail password, you will need to proceed patiently and deliberately, to succeed.

First, bring up the

https://mail.yahoo.com

web page. (On your phone if it has web page service, on a computer with internet if it does not, will do.)

Enter your username/email in full, as Username, then enter your guess at your password (it can be anything really, but try your regular password.) Try to log in that way, once... if it is rejected:

Then you click on the 'Forgot your password?' or 'Reset your password' link that will appear.

Follow through the process, carefully - you may be asked security questions, which you must answer accurately and exactly as you spelled them when you registered them in your Yahoo! Mail account previously to this, possibly a long while ago.

That should go through, and a reset link or a temporary password ***** be either texted, or emailed, to your phone (or to an alternate email account perhaps, if you registered one.) Check your text messages AND your email, and see if that comes in. Then use it at once, but not in a hot haste, and if it somehow doesn't work the first time, try a second time, slowly and deliberately. And be sure to follow all directions in the email or text message containing the temporary password ***** reset link.

- Does this work for you?

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.