Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Requires a password I have entered one the system is unable…

Customer Question
Requires a password *****...

Requires a password ***** have entered one the system is unable to verify also I am using 2017 Mac

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes my android mob

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The mob is not the problem its my Mac

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/24/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode. When you see the load bar appear you can let go of the keys. It may take a few minutes to load.
Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
Choose Utilities > Terminal.
Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return
Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
Enter a new password ***** re-enter it into the password *****
Enter a new password ***** related to the password.
Click Save.
A warning will appear that the password ***** changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
Click Apple > Shut Down.
Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.

If you cannot login to your Apple ID account (which may be requested to reset your Mac password) do the following:

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.