Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When trying a access my Microsoft account, I get a message…

Customer Question
When trying a access...

When trying a access my Microsoft account, I get a message it has been temporarily suspended because someone has used it to send junk mail or something else. Instructions wants to send a verification code to my phone, but I have a land line and do not receive text messages. What do I need to do to clear up this problem?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No, just my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I'm not sure. This is the first time I've tried to access the Microsoft account in over a year.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do it and Thank you very much.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/23/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> but I have a land line and do not receive text messages.

Choose other options to add a cell phone number and provide the verification code you got on the cell phone.

You probably need to wait for a few days if you tried to restore the account aggressively.

There is not an "other option" to the cell phone box. I do not have a cell phone.

Please click HERE and try again. You need to have another working email address for doing this.

I do not want to create a new email account. All I wanted was the clear this problem up. I had hopped you could help, but seems I was wrong. Is a anyone at Microsoft I can phone to talk to about this? I think I need to speak personally with someone. The email approach is not working.

> I had hopped you could help, but seems I was wrong.

To be honest, I don't know why you thought I could not help.

> Is a anyone at Microsoft I can phone to talk to about this?

Unfortunately, no. Microsoft doesn't provide peer-to-peer support like this for its products or services offered for free (e.g emails an online storage). However, Microsoft does provide comprehensive help document online, you may search them online at Microsoft site.

> I think I need to speak personally with someone.

Phone call or remote assistance services are available from the site at an extra, fixed cost on top what you have paid for the question so far.

> The email approach is not working.

This approach is Q&A page for chatting via web, not email based.