Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How can I save part of an email to my desktop? Gmail. Web…

How can I save...

How can I save part of an email to my desktop?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing really. Just did a search for an answer but didn't see anything that looked right.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to install open office so I could possibly save it to their word processor but there is some kind of a file blocking that.

3/23/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Are you on a windows or mac computer?

windows
I don't have the money to secure connect

Thanks

Open the desktop and select the text you want to save using your mouse.

Then press CTRL and C

Then go to your desktop, right click and select New, then Text Document

When it is open, click in it and press CTRL and V

It will then past the contents into it

Then you can save it

Let me know how you go please

Richard, Email Systems Specialist