Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Odom, my Facebook account was hacked yesterday and I

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** , my Facebook account was hacked yesterday and I deactivated my account, now I’m trying to log back into my account, and it keeps asking for a code which is being sent to my email on my account, I no longer have access to this email so I’m desperately needing help getting logged back in

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No I’m not, I have a totally new email and I never changed it on my Facebook account

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I had my number on my account, but whoever hacked it has changed it apparently...and I really can’t remember if I do or not because it’s been so long since I set my account up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s all I would just love to be able to log back in

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/23/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Hos long ago did you have the email account?

Please let me know

It’s probably been about 10 years ago

ok, which email service was it with?

Ymail.com
It was***@******.***

Thanks

If you now try to sign into the account, what is the message you receive?

Please let me know

It says, authentication required you will receive a sms message with a code please enter code to log in

ok, enter in the code i sends you please

I can’t get into my old email account, so I can’t receive a code

Ok, did you specify any other recovery methods on your account?

I haven’t changed nothing on my account for about a decade, so I don’t really remember if I did or not, I do know my login name is ***** ***** email on account is***@******.***, my password ***** ***** , but every time I put my password ***** it brings up the Opens up Authentication required message, but it keeps saying it will send it to my old email which does me no good, but if it will send it to my phone number then I could get it

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Facebook being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Facebook states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Facebook has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Facebook, their policies, or the situation itself.

Well my phone number is ***** to date on my account, but it only gives me the option to use my old email, why can’t I use my phone number to receive the code they want me to provide

If it does not offer the phone number for the recovery, it was never set for the account sorry, else you would see it as part of the options