Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Does my AOLemail account on my phone use a lot of Data. I…

Customer Question
Does my AOLemail account...

Does my AOLemail account on my phone use a lot of Data

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have an AOL logo on my home screen and just use that.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't really tried any.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/22/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. To answer your question, NO, emails like your AOL is not consuming a lot of data on your device. In fact, it will only start consuming your mobile data allocation when it is opened or run and then it starts to download your emails. But once the emails are downloaded, data usage stops and the emails you view are the ones already stored on your device. One trick to avoid data usage for your phone is to connect it to a wifi (not mobile data), then you can download your AOL emails. But in case you are on mobile data, only new emails are downloaded and it is NOT a lot of data that will be used up.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess