Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I added a Open Command in my Outlook Ribbon and it is grayed…

Customer Question
I added a Open...

I added a Open Command in my Outlook Ribbon and it is grayed out. I cannot get it to function. I downloaded Microsoft 365 64 bit and restarted without success.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

My internet is good, FYI I have Outlook on a second laptop and the open tab works perfectly.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I receive mail without an issue, however I have to double click the mail to open it, the open command in my ribbon is grayed out.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/23/2018
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S