Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My IMAP server wants to alert me to the following. I am

My IMAP server wants...

My IMAP server wants to alert me to the following

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Http://support.goggle.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am using gmail or explorer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I dont know where to go to troubleshoot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have explorer because I am using One Note Calendar which is linked to Explorer but My emails go through gmail & Explorer and just recently added another email address.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Are you able to sign in to your gmail account using webmail version (www.gmail.com)?

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 10pro

OK and Are you able to sign in to your gmail account using webmail version (www.gmail.com)?

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am already signed into gmail.com

OK then are you configuring gmail in windows live mail as pop3 or imap ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Imap

Following are the settings for IMAP

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Requires SSL:enabled

smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465 or 587
Requires SSL: Yes
Requires authentication: Yes
Select Use same settings as incoming mail server

Please try the above and let me know the result.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK that is all ok

Are you able to get the emails and send emails in windows live mail ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wasn't having trouble sending or receiving emails
This error message just keeps apearing

What is the error message it shows?

Is there a error code along with this message http://support.goggle.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
http://support.goggle.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754
It says my IMAP wants to alert me to the following. Please log in via your web browser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry but I am waiting on customers in between talking to you.

Its OK .

Please close windows live mail then please go to your gmail account and then open this link Sign in & security then scroll down to the bottom of the page and then see if Allow less secure apps is ON or OFF and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am unable to find that. Do I sign off entirely? Won't I loose you if I do that?

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not in the position to allow that, Sorry.

OK then you need to find it in sign in & security section.

Its in the bottom of the page.Please use the link i gave above.

If you can't find it then try this link and see if it directly opens it : - https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps if its turned off then turn it on.Then wait for a minute and then open windows live mail and check it.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok it says its off

Make sure windows live mail is closed then turn on less secure apps.Then wait for a minute and then open windows live mail and check it.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now it is on

wait for a minute and then open windows live mail and check it.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What exactly is supposed to happen?

After you done that it has to stop showing that error message in windows live mail.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok do I leave it on?

Close windows live mail and wait for 2 min then open it and see if you are seeing that error message also send a test mail and see if you are receiving it in the inbox.

Let me know.

Did you check it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It did not come back but do I leave the security open

Which security ? do you mean Less secure apps : on page ?

Leave the less secure apps on and then close that page.

Close and open windows live mail once more to make sure its all working normal.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It works fine. thankyou

If you get a email from google saying to disable less secure apps just ignore that message.If you disable that error box will show up again also turning on less secure apps is not a security threat as they say.

Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Email Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It did not come back.

Glad to know that its all working normal now.

Sincerely,

John, Email Support Specialist