Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I somehow screwed up my email account on my Mac laptop. My…

Customer Question
I somehow screwed up...

I somehow screwed up my email account on my Mac laptop. My desktop (iMac) crashed a few days ago and I thought maybe that was why I can’t use outlook on my Mac laptop but everyone says that shouldn’t be the case. I still have email on my iPhone and iPad. Keep getting 5.7.8 error when I tried to log in to my mail on the laptop. Understand that I made some changes on the account and probably screwed something up. Also, I am using a Verizon.net account that I had back when Verizon had email. I am technically challenged with the computer as you can probably guess. I have to step away for about 5 min but will be right back. Please wait for me and help me get this fixed! Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages?

Yes, it was the 5.7.8 error message about authentication. I don’t know what that means

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your device?

I don’t know how to check

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/22/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 month ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

The desktop crashing will have not effect on the laptop's use. It sounds as though the email application is faulting. Many things can cause that to occur.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am communicating with you on my phone. How are you going to connect to my laptop?

I will send you the link to follow on your laptop.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok great

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do I need to do?

After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?

I am still here.

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. If you wish, you may fix this by adding a different credit card into your account settings. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Update Payment Info" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry Jason, I will fix it tomorrow and then respond to you. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I will be here.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I was charged $47 but never got my email issue fixed. I was invited to allow Jason to log in to my laptop and fix the problem. He said it would cost $39. The charge did not go through on my credit card. I have since fixed the problem so I want to finish this work order. I received a follow up email from Mei telling me I would be able to get this finished. Thanks
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 29 days ago

I am glad to hear that you cleared that up.

After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don’t see a securely connect button. I updated the payment info already. Don’t know how to move forward.

Do you see a button that says, "Fix Payment Info"?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It says update payment info, and I went in and updated the cc information.

Thank you. Did you enter a new credit card on the page?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I did

It's possible that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Update Payment Info" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will call them again tomorrow!

Thank you. I will be here. I am available from 6am to 7pm (PST), seven days a week.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist